Board of Directors
The Saskatchewan Racquetball Association’s Board of Directors is the governing body for the Association and oversees all programs offered as well as day-to-day operations.
Current Board Members – contact information coming soon!
- Karla Drury – President
- Sean Prentice
- Bobby Lague
- Debbie Frattinger
- Jan Hanson
Sara Toth is the Executive Director of the Saskatchewan Racquetball Association. She brings a wealth of knowledge about sport and the sport systems in both Saskatchewan and Canada to organization. Specifically Sara has worked with the sport of competitive swimming, diving and gymnastics either in staff or in a volunteer capacity.
To establish, maintain, conduct and promote interest and participation in the Sport of Racquetball from the grassroots to the elite levels across the province, by providing appropriate facilities, programs and services.
The Saskatchewan Racquetball Association strives to establish an amateur sport that will create a unique competitive environment at all levels, thereby creating respect, fun, fitness and lifelong social relationships for all.
- Racquetball can be played for enjoyment and social activities are an inherent part of the sport.
- Racquetball is a lifelong sport that can be enjoyed as an individual, with friends and as a family
- Racquetball is a fun, satisfying activity that creates a sense of belonging in a larger community and leads to lifelong friendships and a willingness to give back to the sport
Lifelong Health and Fitness
- Racquetball contributes to a healthy lifestyle that offers physical activity and psychological benefits to all who participate.
- Racquetball is a sport that is accessible at any age of level of ability.
Pursuit of individual excellence
- Racquetball players can set and achieve goals whether it be a world championship medal or improved skills and fitness
- Participants can achieve their potential through dedication, discipline and perseverance in competition against themselves or others.
- Success is the result of the pursuit of the highest standards of excellence by officials, coaches and administrators in carrying out their roles and responsibilities
- Through Racquetball, youth and adults learn to be self-motivated, dedicated and independent, develop a strong work ethic and appreciate that benefits and rewards follow from discipline and sacrifice.
- What is learned in racquetball are lessons for life that help build valuable members of society
- Integrity is the foundation of all activity, from competition to decision-making to communication, and obligates all to be knowledgeable and responsible in their actions.
- Integrity requires an environment of fair play- where rules are known and respected by all, and where cheating is unacceptable and results in sanctions.
- Integrity requires intolerance for inequities created by ability, gender, age, region or culture, bias, prejudice or the abuse of power or position.
The Board of Directors is the governing body for the Association and oversees all programs offered as well as day-to-day operations. Because our sport is small, the duties of Board members also include operational activities.
New Board members are voted in at the Saskatchewan Racquetball Association’s Annual General Meeting which takes place in October or November of each year.
Nominations for new board members require a Board Nomination Form to be filled out and submitted in advance of the meeting so please make sure you inquire early if you are interested in pursuing an opportunity of the Board of Directors.
Please review the relevant sections of the Policies & Procedures Manual for portfolio descriptions and responsibilities of each board member. If you are interested in volunteering and/or running for a board position, contract or Board President or Executive Director for more information.
The Bylaws of the Saskatchewan Racquetball Assocation are reviewed annually by the Board of Directors. Any bylaw changes that are recommended by the Board or the Members are voted upon at the Annual General Meeting.
The Saskatchewan Racquetball Association updates its Strategic Plan on a quadrennial basis. The strategic plans of Racquetball Canada and funding partner Sask Sport are key resources in developing the plan for provincial activities. Click here to view the organization’s current Strategic Plan.