Racquetball Canada looking for Draw Master
Application Deadline: July 31, 2016 11:59 PM Eastern
Position: Draw Master
Contract term: The contract will commence on September 1 review in August, 2017.
Position of Draw Master
Racquetball Canada’s Sport Development committee is looking for a Draw Master to create and manage the draws for two (2) selection events, the Junior Nationals and the Senior Nationals. The duties will include:
1) Plan, organize and support the events during the competitive season. The Draw Master will not be required to attend any events unless requested by the Racquetball Canada (RC) Tournament Chair. The
Draw Master will be required to be available either electronically or by phone during the event to address any issues or concerns.
2) Organize the draws to follow the format as laid out by the RC Tournament Chair.
3) Ensure that the draw preparation begins immediately after the entry deadline and receiving the most current rankings. Draws must be completed no later than one week after the entry deadline, then update the draws in the event any appeals or protests are approved.
4) Final draw(s) must be submitted to the RC Tournament Chair for posting to R2.
5) The position requires variable hours of work including evenings, weekends and availability during events in progress.
• Experience in creating draws
• Experience working with a volunteer organization
• Experience and knowledge of Racquetball
• Microsoft Office tools, Excel, email, and use of web including the R2 site.
• Knowledge of draw formats most notably Round Robin and Olympic formats.
Experience as a Racquetball player and/or coach would be an asset.
Experience in a similar position with another Racquetball (or other sports) organization.
The contract will be for $1000.00 paid out in increments of $250.00 after satisfactory completion of each event.
Applicants should email their questions and résumé to RC Director of Sport Development at:
Close date is July 31st